Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Talk the Talk, and Walk the Wok




This past Saturday we traveled a couple hours up the road to play in a tournament. This was our first real scrimmage against other women’s teams, there were 2 teams from A2 and 2 teams from A1. Saturday we played against one of the A2 teams so there wasn’t much competition. But it was great seeing how our team played together offensively and defensively. I think we ended up winning by about 30 points, so Sunday we played in the championship game against the other A1 team. We will play against this team a couple of times this season so it was a good time to see how wed stack up. We ended up winning the whole tournament! We played great in both games, but I think the best part of our team is our defense.


Now we count down to our first game of the season on October 24!


Even better then the victory this weekend was a little restaurant that we found in our City. Its called Wok Sushi. Normally im kind of nervous when I try new sushi spots, especially in Italy, but this place was new and pretty big. My teammate, Shamela, and I went and we were not disappointed! It turned out to be a Chinese buffet where they would special make sushi rolls, or grilled meats or fish, or you could pick any meat and vegetable for them to cook in their Wok.



My pictures don't do it justice, but believe me it was delicious!

I will be going here weekly. And our little waitress was so excited to meet us. She asked for our autographs and for some pictures with us BEFORE she knew we played basketball here! I guess it was cool for her to see 2 women over 6’2. All she kept saying was “oh my, I cant believe……” Next time ill ask for a discount.


Anyway, if youre ever in Lucca, Italy, I highly recommend this Italian, Chinese-Japanese Sushi bar/ buffet, tell them an American sent you ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm Jelli! That looks delish. But Everybody knows your a sucker for fried food, so was it GOOD? Or just FRIED?

    ReplyDelete