Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back In Action


It seems I left everything hanging now that I look at my last post! I have 2 reasons (or excuses) for this. 1. My team ended up losing the last few games, and dropped down to the second division :( and 2. The last week of the season my computer died on me... Luckily around that time Clint had come out to see me, so there was a way to continue blogging.... so refer back to excuse #1.

A lot has happened since then, but I'll catch up on that a little later. Let's fast forward to NOW!

About a week ago I arrived to my new city, and my new team in Lucca, Italy. This team won the second division last year so this is their first season in A1. I like playing for these teams because they are usually filled with young girls and a city thats excited to be playing in the first division. Lucca is about 30 minutes from the city where I played last year, which is right on the water, and about one hour from Florence. What makes this city unique is that it has a wall surrounding the entire town and it has been this way since the medieval times. I live just outside the wall. I will take more pictures later, but these I found online to give you an idea.

After about a week of practice and getting to know the girls, it is still kind of difficult to see how we will be as a team. We are VERY young. I am the second oldest on the team, following our most experienced player who is from Portugal but has played in the Italian league for 11 years and 5 years in the WNBA. We have one other american who is also young, but is very strong and athletic. This is only her second year overseas, but I think she will be a huge help for us in the post.

That is all for now. We got today off and it is my first full day with internet so I will be spending the day catching up and getting settled into my new apartment!




3 comments:

  1. Good luck this season!! "Do YOU Boo Boo!! DO YOU"

    -No Fun Police

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you are back blogging! Can't wait to read how your season goes and hear about everything you keep yourself busy with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Courtney, it is great to be able to follow you. We've checked out the websites about your team in Lucca. I know y'all will kick tails this year. Cheyenne went back to Garner Flames for their training this fall & they can't believe the post moves she's learned over the summer. Her Coach Morris (played pro) told her that she's got potential and to keep it up. We know how she got there ;) Have fun this year & keep us posted. God Bless,
    The Walls

    ReplyDelete