Friday, October 15, 2010

Red, White, and BLUES



One week ago I was heading to America for my sisters wedding, and now I'm in a hotel room the day of the game writing about it! It went by so fast, but Cameron's wedding was one weekend full of nonstop fun......and smirnoffs!

I arrived in Myrtle Beach around 9pm last Friday and was greeted by.....well no one. I started to drag my bags around the airport wondering where anyone was after my 20 hour day of travel. Luckily when I got outside I saw my mother following behind me, and a few doors down the breezeway, I saw my Dad going inside the airport. That's about right. It's funny how sometimes you can be so tired, but once you get to your final destination you all of a sudden have so much energy. We went back to my parents house where we spent the rest of the night hanging out with Cam, her friends, Paul and his family, my parents and their neighbors and granny, again with smirnoffs in hand.

Saturday was the rehearsal dinner, although the dinner wasnt until after, and by dinner we mean BBQ.....which is not to get confused with a Cookout.  The rest of the day and night was spent on the porch cheering on college football since Pauls family is from Alabama so everyone was glued to the TV when Auburn was playing.


There are just too many memories from that night to write about, but let's just say we will be laughing about them for years to come! It was fun getting to meet both families (although I already knew mine) but friends of both sets of families and friends of the bride and groom. At any given time you could walk into a different room and see 4-5 people standing in a circle talking and laughing and 30 minutes later it would be new faces and new smirnoffs :) 

Sunday was Cams big day! We woke up around 8:30 (at this point my body doesnt know where it is or what time it is) and helped mom prepare breakfast for the families. The afternoon went by fast, and before long it was time to head over to HOB for the big event! It was a wedding/costume party, so there were lots of brightly colored tuxedos, some mullet wigs, and a few sets of Blues Brothers in the crowd. The ceremony itself was performed by my sisters friend who was ordained on the internet and lastest about 10 minutes. Then it was time to start the celebration! The families headed down to take pictures while everyone gathered upstairs around the bar. From then on there was lots of food, drinks, music and dancing, and later came some karaoke! I hope there is no video of that, because my sister and I sound the exact same.....and she sounds HORRIBLE up there! (love you cam!)




I am still waiting on some more pictures, but these are a few I had on my camera. The sister karaoke and the cupcake tower.... 2 words: D Licious!



After all the dancing,  I drove the bride and groom off to an after hours club that was completely empty, making it the perfect place to continue our celebration! All the people from the wedding followed and we finished the wedding off right then all headed back to our rooms. 

After 2 days of napping hard between practices, my body is back to where it needs to be, right in time for my game tonight!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MR. and MRS. MORRIS!!!

2 comments:

  1. your not gonna pause that hot dog comment? Sheesh! Cute pics, we gotta coagulate and exchange some fotos soon! Hit me up when your free ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha looks like such a fun weekend. I can't believe what Clint did to scare your sister and your mom... I TOTALLY would have screamed. Sounds like he fits in just perfectly with your family ;)

    ReplyDelete