Monday, February 8, 2010

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?

I recently found myself taking pictures of all the places that I have been lately, and realized that emailing them everytime I get back not only takes a lot of time to upload, but takes a minute to explain. I also realized that since I am one of the few left out there that is not a member, follower or tweeter of myspace, facebook or twitter, that the least I can do is share my thoughts and photos on cyberspace for people to follow.

In the past when I've done something like this, it lasts a good month or so until I move on to my next project and let this collect dust in the cabinets underneath my television. But I will try to keep you all updated on what im doing or where Ive been. I know Clint will keep me motivated to write more on here and hopefully this will stop him from asking me to get on facebook ;)

For the moment there is alot that i should catch you up on, but we're going to do this like a carpenter; one step at a time ;)

On Saturday, we went to Sicily to play Priolo. I would say that this team is ok and beatable. Which they are, but when you're at the bottom of the league ALL the teams present a challenge. Anyway, the great part of my job is all the travelling I get to do. So as we arrived early on Saturday, my teammate (Crystal) and I ventured down to the sea near our hotel and the water there was AMAZING! My parents live in Myrtle Beach, and im not saying that the water there isnt clear..... but, umm, uh.. lets just say its not as clear as the water in Priolo ;)


HOLY CANNOLI!!!

After the game on Sunday night (as you can see im not going into much detail about the game. We did come in second..... so let's just leave it at that) we went back to the hotel to eat and then we walked around the center for dessert. In Italy, each city is known for something that is typical of that region. In this part of Italy, it is the Cannoli. And just to let you in on a little secret of mine, I LOVE SWEETS!!! Well, actually, I love snacks, sweets, potato chips, really anything with lots of butter, chocolate cake is the best, OHHH or cheese, and SALT, or anything fried, bojangles wings, and sweet tea!! What was I talking about?? Ohhhh, back to the Cannoli..... I can describe it in 2 words: D-Licious! I only had 2 that night, although Im sure if we sat there long enough I could have made room for another one.


After dessert we decided to walk around to see if we could find a place to watch the Superbowl. We came across 2 problems. 1) to watch an American football game in Italy is like trying to buy ice cream at a shoe store. We know that there's a random store in Myrtle Beach that does that, but other then that, its almost impossible to find. And 2) there is a 6 hour time difference. Needless to say, we didnt get to see the game. But we did get to see the city at night.


It's incredible to walk along the streets and see that this is everyday life in Italy. It seems like nothing is torn down or redone to look more modern. These pictures dont really do it justice, but it can kind of give you an idea of how beautiful it all is.

On our way back to the hotel we passed a fountain in the middle of the Piazza, so of course we had to take pictures with it. We all decided to reenact what each statue was doing....unfortunately, it looks like a hot mess. Why couldn't we just find the Superbowl?!?!??!?!



That's all for my first blog. I know I have a lot to catch up with, but we have to start somewhere right?

Ciao for now!!

1 comment: