Saturday, March 20, 2010

Down, But Not Out




I love March for SOOOO many reasons, but March Madness is one of the biggest! And this year they are showing all the games on ESPN America so I get to watch til the weeeee hours of the morning.

Every year Clint and I fill out the brackets for fun. Im not a betting girl, and I couldnt imagine the pressure to pick teams with money on the line, because I freak out when we just do it for fun! This year's tournament hasn't let me down one bit.... there are so many upsets just in the first 2 days! I love cheering for the underdogs, although I seemed to only pick the higher seeded teams. Like I said, I said, I dont like to gamble but I like good games AND upsets! (Gives my team hope!!!)

So here's the bracket that I filled out..... It's already all messed up from the first round, but I guess it wont hurt to see what happens in the next few rounds!!
I know you can't really see it, but Im pretty sure none of you are too interested in the teams i picked ;) Only the final four, which today St. Marys knocked out Villanova, so I only have Kansas, Syracuse, and Kentucky left to win it.

I haven't posted anything in a while so let's see what Ive missed out on telling you...... The last time we had gone out, my camera took a nasty fall :( moment of silence................................................................................................................





It seems I cannot keep electronics for long without killing them... Wonder how Id be with a pet??? So as of now I am without a camera. Some GOOD news is, that since the last time I blogged, we won our game! It was against my old team and my old friends! I hate playing against them, but at the same time I love getting to see them all. We fought really hard and played well together for the first time in a while, AND they didnt play that good. SO the combination of both helped us win. Unfortunately, we won the game but lost another player. 3 weeks ago we had lost one of our 3 post players because she tore some ligaments in her foot, so she's now out for the season. It was a big loss for our team. Then the last game, one of our starting guards was taken to the hospital because she had cut her finger open and needed stitches. (For those of you with sensitive stomachs, skip ahead to the next paragraph). It turns out she broke her finger, but force of the break cause the bone to....explode??? cutting her finger open and causing her to get 5 stitches to close it up. It was the weirdest injury.....I have still not seen what it looks like, because i get a little woozy just talking about it......

So now we are down 2 important players, leaving us with a total of 7 professionals on our roster. Only 3 games left until the post season tournaments, so hopefully we will somehow find a way to win with the bodies we have left! Because of the injuries we have to adjust our practices and hope no one gets hurt during the 2 hours in the gym..... Funny thing is, people can still get injured OFF the court.

I was debating whether or not to share this story, but I think it is kind of funny. One night earlier this week I had gone to bed kind of early because I was really tired. I remember going to sleep and not even watching what ever Office episode that I had put on. While I was sleeping, I remember rolling over and for some reason, I THOUGHT I saw this thing fly up out of my bed and start spinning towards my head, and I FREAKED OUT. My reaction at this point was to grab my sheets and roll. Unfortunately, the roll tossed me off the side of the bed and onto the hard tile floor. I remember sitting there scared of whatever I had just seen, but then thinking that there was nothing there, only in my head. As I put the sheets back on the bed, I looked at the clock and it was only, 1:50 in the morning and then I began to feel a sharp shooting pain in my elbow, which had gotten banged pretty bad when I fell. It was kinda sad walking into practice with the few healthy bodies we have left, and having to get my elbow taped up because it was swollen and bruised, and having to explain what happened...... I wish I could have seen what that night looked like because in my head it looked like a scene from Paranormal Activity!

Happy March Madness everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment