Monday, March 29, 2010

BIG little kids




I must admit, when we lose I don't really have much to blog about. The past 2 games our team has really hit a slump. It looks like there's no fight left and we have only 1 game left in the regular season. After that we have to play in the playouts because we were the last team not to make the playoffs and this years playouts is going to be a BATTLE. So now is not the time for our team to hit rock bottom. Like I said before, we are without 2 players that really helped us out. So we dont have a deep bench to come in and keep us fresh on the court, but we are hoping that one of the players will be back in time for the playouts. Either way, this week we need to turn things around and remember to have fun when we play, because when you stop having fun......you start working. And we are too far from family and friends to not be enjoying this experience!!!

OK, enough about that!

The other day Crystal and I were coming home from practice (It takes about 20 minutes to drive from our apartments to the gym on the highway), and we passed this little fair/carnival in one of the parking lots off the highway. They had been setting it up for a week now, but that was the first time we had seen it actually open. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, so we decided to pull over and see what it was about. Since it was right after practice the first thing we did was grab a hotdog and walk around to see what rides they had. This was our first mistake. It wasnt very crowed and we found out that all the rides were free until 4:30 so that gave us an hour to ride every ride we wanted to. This was our second mistake.


We started out going down those big slides that the little kids use with potato sacks or rugs. We were by far the tallest and oldest people to wait in line to slide (aside from the parents going down with their little children). But I must admit I could have stayed there the rest of the time. There is something so fun and freeing about sliding down a HUGE slide. But we moved on to the next ride. At this point there were maybe 5 rides that all spun around in circles, one that flipped you, and another that went up and down and backwards and forwards and so on. After the first ride, we moved right on to the second one....there was no line so we got right on. Unfortunately, we got in without knowing what it did, so I was on the outside and the whole time we went in circles Crystal was pretty much sitting in my lap. I couldnt stop laughing because all she kept doing was apologizing and trying to pull herself off of me but going against the force of the ride. We moved immediately from that ride to the next one. Again no line, so we got right in. This is when our day of fun took a turn for the worst. Midway through the ride we both kind of looked at each other thinking, maybe the hotdog and 3 rides wasnt the best idea. We managed to make it to the end of the ride and all the way home without losing our lunch but got of that ride and it felt like Saturday night at ECU. I have learned to appreciate the lines at the fair.




My typical gameday routine for home games is to walk on the beach and soak my legs in the cold water. Yesterday morning when I went to the beach I wasn't alone. The beach was FULL of Kite Surfers. I have never seen them in person, but I normally see their kites from the street as I go to practice. It was really interesting to watch, but I was more fascinated at how they were all in the freezing cold water, because standing in it up to my thighs was numbing!


Enjoy the last week of MARCH!!!! Less then one month til I come home!

1 comment:

  1. What exactly did you wear to the beach? ...For us curious readers. (inbox me) TWSS

    ReplyDelete